Drill collars are heavy drill string members used as weight, which forces the bit to penetrate the formation being drilled. All drill collars are full-length heat treated to obtain the best physical properties and to provide a combination of hardness, strength and ductility. The collars are made from selected bars of chromium molybdenum alloy steel.
Drilco Industrial standard water well drill collars are available in 10, 15, 20 and 30 foot length, or as specified.
Standard bores are available.
Special bores for particular projects as well as step bore bores for increased joint strength and/or improved hydraulic conditions are available at additional cost.
Standard connections are precision machined to API specifications. Additional connections such as: DI Series, FEDP, Mayhew, Full Hole, PAC, American Open Hole, X-Hole and others are available. All connections are protected by phosphate surface coating to minimize galling during makeup.
- Outside Diameter (O.D.) – Bore – Length
- Size and type of tool joint. Any special joint features.
- Step Bore or Straight Bore
- Surface Finish – As Rolled or Machined
- Drill Rig – Make & Model
- Other special features such as elevator and slip recesses, wrench squares, flats, slots or special breakout configurations.